Oatmeal cookie dough streusel crust with a thick creamy and a luscious lemon filling, sprinkled with more oatmeal cookie dough streusel on top!
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix (see below for homemade recipe)
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, cold
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest (about 2 large lemons)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray an 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick spray or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cut butter into cookie mix using a fork or pastry cutter. Stir in egg until crumbly.
- Press half of oatmeal cookie dough into bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, stir condensed milk, lemon peel, and lemon juice together. Spread lemon mixture over baked crust (while crust is hot). Crumble the remaining oatmeal cookie mixture on top.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cool completely, then refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Recipe source: Betty Crocker.
- Homemade Version: If you can’t find the Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix, use my from-scratch oatmeal cookie base instead. Start with step 1 above. Skip step 2. In a large bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or using a handheld mixer, cream 1/2 cup room temperature butter and 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar together on medium-high speed until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 cup whole oats together. Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat on low speed until combined. Continue with step 3 above.
Keywords: oatmeal lemon creme bars, lemon oatmeal bars