Super soft oatmeal granola bars that taste like oatmeal raisin cookies!
- 1 cup (80g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (37g) whole wheat flour (or almond meal)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup (60g) nut butter (I use peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup (85g) honey
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut sugar (or packed light/dark brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (128g) raisins
- optional: 3/4 cup (100g) chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper with enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the bars from the pan. Set aside.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press very firmly into an even layer. You really want it packed in tight- as tight as possible. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until top appears set and it’s golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 1 more hour. This firms up the bars which helps them stay compact. Remove bars from the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into bars.
- Cover tightly and store at room temperature for 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Make Ahead Instructions: These bars are wonderful after frozen! Freeze for up to 3 months and thaw before enjoying.