Moist and perfectly spiced peach pie muffins are topped with a brown butter glaze!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder (yes, 1 FULL tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 heaping teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 and 1/4 cups sour cream (I used light sour cream – regular or nonfat would work too)
- 2 cups peeled + chopped fresh peaches (thawed, frozen peaches would work too)
Brown Butter Glaze
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 Tablespoons milk or cream
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C). Line 12-cup muffin tin with liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make the muffins: Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg until the yolk & white are combined and light-colored. Add the sugars and stir until the mixture is thick. Add the melted butter in 2 or 3 additions, whisking slowly to combine after each addition. Add the sour cream and whisk until JUST combined. Do not overmix.
- Add the peaches to the dry ingredients. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in 2 or 3 additions, carefully folding after each addition. Stir until the batter comes together, but try not to over mix. The batter will be very, very thick.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins. Fill the tins all the way to the top. Bake at 425°F (218°C) for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (177°C) and continue to bake for 20-22 more minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the muffins are cooling, prepare the glaze: Browning the butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir constantly until butter is brown with a light nutty aroma, about 5 minutes. Once browned, remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in sifted powdered sugar and milk/cream. Stir until completely smooth.
- Once muffins are cooled, dip into brown butter glaze and sprinkle with cinnamon. Muffins taste best served the same day.
Keywords: peach pie muffins