Salty, sweet, sticky, and easy-to-make peanut butter caramel corn. You won’t be able to put this stuff down! A 20 minute recipe.
- 10 cups unflavored popped popcorn (air-popped or 1 standard size bag)
- optional: 2/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Pop 10-12 cups of popcorn and pour it into a large bowl. Toss in the peanuts. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, warm the honey and sugar together in a medium sized saucepan. Stir occasionally. Once it begins to bubble, allow it to boil for about 3 minutes. Add the salt and peanut butter and stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn/nuts. Toss gently to coat practically every kernel. The popcorn will form large clusters. Spread the popcorn onto prepared baking sheet and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 10-12 cups. Popcorn remains fresh for up to 10 days covered at room temperature. If storing in a tight container, be sure to break up the popcorn as you serve it because it will form large clusters.
Keywords: peanut butter caramel corn