Since they are brownie bites, you can have more than one. Or two, or three!
Homemade Fudgy Brownie Layer
(or use your favorite boxed brownie mix)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate (I used 2 4 oz Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars)
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Generously spray two 24-count muffin tin with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- If using a boxed brownie mix: Prepare the brownie batter according to packaged directions. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon into each mini muffin cup. Bake for roughly 12 minutes, until top is set. Skip down to #4.
- If using my homemade fudgy brownie recipe: Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour and salt. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon into each mini muffin cup. Bake in batches for roughly 12 minutes, until top is set.
- Let brownies cool to room temperature before removing from muffin tins. The centers of the brownies should slightly fall (some of mine did and some did not). For any brownie cups whose centers did not fall, press down each center with your fingertip to create a “pool.”
- Melt the peanut butter for 45 seconds in the microwave. Stir it up and spoon about 1/2 tsp into the center of each brownie. Top with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Keywords: fudge brownie cups