I made these earlier last week as a Valentine’s Day treat for Kevin. 🙂
It’s an incredibly easy and simple recipe and they are completely vegan too (if you use almond milk and vegan chocolate chips). With 3/4 cup of peanut butter in the whole recipe, you can be assured these are overloaded with peanut butter flavor. I sprinkled peanuts and chocolate chips on top before baking and drizzled even more chocolate on top after they came out of the oven. The peanuts give the soft blondie a nice crunch. These are easily one of my favorite recipes!
Cut them into hearts or squares, whichever you desire. If you like peanut butter, I know you’ll love them.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondie Hearts
Make sure your chocolate chips are dairy free to assure the blondies are vegan.
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (divided in half. You will melt 1/4 cup and drizzle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, making sure there is enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the blondies. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, oil, and brown sugar. Stir in milk and vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder. The batter will be very thick.
- Transfer to baking pan and press it into place. Sprinkle the peanuts and 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top, pressing them gently into the batter.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until the edges are just barely browning. The top will look very soft. Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing into squares or shaping into hearts. Melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and use a fork to drizzle on top of each square/heart. Blondies stay fresh in an airtight container for up to one week at room temperature.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
If you like peanut butter as much as I do, I know you’ll love all of my peanut butter recipes.
And the star of the show… my homemade honey roasted peanut butter. 🙂 Love this stuff!