Soft peanut butter cookie bars topped with a layer of jam and white chocolate chip streusel.
White Chocolate Streusel
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (45g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (45g) white chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Cookie Layer
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups (310g) crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (330g) raspberry jam (or any flavor jam you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8×8 baking pan with aluminum foil or spray generously with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Make the streusel first: In a small bowl, mix together the streusel ingredients and set aside.
- Make the cookie layer: In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Slowly mix in the baking powder, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Do not overmix.
- Spoon peanut butter dough into prepare baking pan, spreading it into one even layer. Spread jam over top. Top evenly with white chocolate streusel.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. My bars took about 38 minutes. I topped mine with a few more white chocolate chips as they came out of the oven. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into squares. Bars stay fresh covered at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5.
Keywords: peanut butter & jelly bars, peanut butter & jelly white chocolate bars