This giant peanut butter skillet cookie is meant for digging in. Or bake as mini skillet cookies for an even quicker treat!
- 2 and 1/2 cups (313g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups (380g) creamy peanut butter*
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups (250g) Reese’s Pieces (or any add-in)
- toppings for serving: melted peanut butter, chocolate sauce, and/or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Lightly grease your oven-safe skillet.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and beat on high until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, then mix on high until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, add the Reese’s Pieces. Dough will be thick and soft.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, spread the cookie dough evenly into prepared skillet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until puffed, browned on the sides, and lightly browned on top. If you want your skillet cookie a little more cooked through, bake for 40 minutes. Allow the cookie to slightly cool in the pan set on a wire rack before digging in. You can scoop/slice and serve or serve with a whole bunch of spoons so everyone can dig in together. Serve with toppings. Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Prepare cookie dough through step 4. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 months in the freezer. If freezing, thaw in the refrigerator before continuing with the next step.
- Peanut Butter: It’s best to use a commercial brand PB in this skillet cookie like Jif creamy or Skippy creamy. Using a natural kind will yield a dry, sandy texture.
- Special Tools: 10-12 inch oven safe skillet (I love this 12-inch Lodge skillet). The most important part of this recipe is using an oven-safe skillet. You want anything from 10 to 12 inches in diameter, ideally 12 inches (what I use for this) because this is a lot of cookie dough! A larger skillet will take a little less time, a smaller skillet will take a little more time.
- This cookie dough recipe is my soft-baked peanut butter lovers’ cookies, only doubled with slightly reduced sugar and unsalted butter for salted. Added some salt to make up for it.
Keywords: peanut butter skillet cookie, skillet cookie