These soft and chewy cookies are stuffed with peanut butter Snickers bars!
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons (265g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks; 170g) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (225g) chopped Peanut Butter Snickers bars, frozen*
- Roughly chop peanut butter snickers into pieces. Place in a small bowl and stick in the freezer while you prepare the dough.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). With an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms. Fold in frozen peanut butter snickers pieces.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Scoop 1.5 Tablespoons of dough and drop onto ungreased baking sheet or silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. The centers will look soft. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Snickers: It’s important to use FROZEN Snickers bar pieces. If the Snickers bar pieces are not frozen, the chocolate bars will melt and spread within the dough, resulting in a flat, thin cookie.
- Chilled Dough: It’s important to keep the cookie dough chilled at all times, so keep the cookie dough in the refrigerator between batches.
- Be sure to check out my top 5 cookie baking tips AND these are my 10 must-have cookie baking tools.
Keywords: peanut butter snickers cookies