Sweet snack mix made with white chocolate and candy canes. Perfect to serve or give away during the holiday season!
- 5 cups (135g) Rice Chex cereal
- 10 ounces (282g) white chocolate, finely chopped*
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy canes (about 8–10 large candy canes)*
- 3/4 cup (90g) confectioners’ sugar
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate. You can use a double boiler or the microwave. If using the microwave, melt in 20 second increments, stopping and stirring after each until completely smooth and melted. Pour melted chocolate over cereal, stirring and folding until the cereal is completely covered. Fold in the crushed candy canes.
- Pour the warm chocolate covered cereal/candy canes in a large zipped-top bag or sealable container. Add the confectioners’ sugar. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the confectioners’ sugar.
- Discard any excess confectioners’ sugar. Store at room temperature up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, if it lasts that long!
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: This snack mix can be prepped a week ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve. You can also prepare and freeze this snack mix for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature before serving.
- White Chocolate: Use 4-ounce white chocolate baking bars, such as Bakers or Ghirardelli brands, found in the baking aisle next to the chocolate chips. (You will need 2.5 of them to yield 10 ounces.) Don’t use white chocolate chips. Chocolate chips contain stabilizers and are processed so that they DO NOT melt in the oven. You can also use almond bark or white/vanilla melting chips often found in the seasonal section of the grocery store.
- Candy Canes: See above for how to easily crush candy canes. In addition to the 1 cup of crushed candy canes, I added 3 Tablespoons of red and green sprinkles. That’s optional.
Keywords: peppermint puppy chow