Soft & chewy chocolate chip cookie bars stuffed with York Peppermint Patties!
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (if using salted butter, omit added salt below)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 11 ounce bag York Peppermint Patties (about 26)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray an 11×7 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric or stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients. By hand, fold in the chocolate chips until fully combined. Do not overmix.
- Press down 1/2 of the cookie dough into prepared baking pan. Place unwrapped peppermint patties over the bottom dough layer. Top the remaining half of cookie dough over the peppermint patties, pressing to evenly flatten down. Bake for 38-40 minutes or until baked through and the edges are brown. (Mine took exactly 38 minutes.)
- Allow the cookie bars to cool completely (about 1 hour) before cutting into squares. Bars keep well in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Adapted from Picky Palate.
Keywords: peppermint patty stuffed chocolate chip cookie bars, peppermint chocolate chip cookie bars