Summer goals = all the pies!!
This week, I’ve been scouring the internet and sifting through my cookbooks to look for inspiring pie recipes, unique pie making techniques, and pie decorating ideas. My goal is to bake a few pies each month through September, not only because pie is the best dessert ever but because I find so much joy making them. And I want you to join me! Maybe you can shoot for 1 homemade pie per month and I can share all the pie recipes I bake right here on Sally’s Baking Addiction. I don’t know, just a random idea. In pies we unite!
So here’s what I’m working on this summer:
- A new apple pie recipe for July 4th (keeping that tradition, y’all!)
- Peach pie, something a little different from what’s in my book
- A unique take on key lime pie
- A really really good peanut butter and chocolate something for Kevin’s birthday
- Some sort of streusel topped pie
That’s all I’ve got right now. And here’s a bunch of inspiring pies I found. There is so much pie talent out there. Gives us all motivation to keep working on our pie skills. And should keep you busy for, like, ever!
- Oreo slab pie – say what!?!?!?! I wonder how this would taste. Probably epic.
- It simply doesn’t get any more beautiful than this rosy rhubarb & strawberry pie.
- Apple pies to eat from our hands.
- German chocolate fudge pie. No words! No words.
- This sweetheart pie is so pretty!
- Sugar addicts: this is unreal.
- The mascarpone whipped cream on top of this peach slab pie. ♥
- Chocolate hand pies. I repeat, chocolate hand pies.
- I love love love this key lime pie palm tree decoration.
- Banana cream pie, anyone? Add caramel.
- Jessica makes this incredible looking chocolate chip cookie pie.
- American flag pie. I’ve always wanted to make pie like this for the 4th.
- I’ve had snickers “salad” before but never in pie form!
- Reese’s peanut butter marshmallow cookie pie. Yes. Just all around Y-E-S.
- Gluten free readers! Leah has a nutella pie for you.
- Mile high brownie pie. This is a real thing.
A Few Pie Favorites:
Q: What are YOUR favorite pies? Flavors, techniques, tips, etc.