Simply put, this protein packed smoothie is like drinkable pumpkin pie!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (120g) vanilla Greek yogurt*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) skim milk*
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup ice
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth – this may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin out if it is too thick. Add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture, if desired. Add more spices to taste, if desired.
- Yogurt: Feel free to use regular (non Greek) vanilla or plain yogurt instead – keeping in mind the protein count will be lower. I prefer vanilla Greek yogurt not only for its protein count, but for its incredibly thick texture and vanilla taste.
- Spices: Instead of pumpkin pie spice, try adding nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and/or more cinnamon to taste.
- Milk: Any milk is just fine here. However, be sure to adjust the protein count accordingly!
Keywords: pumpkin pie smoothie