Readers have called this “drinkable pumpkin pie!” This pumpkin smoothie comes together quickly and combines some favorite fall flavors like pumpkin, maple, cinnamon, and other pumpkin pie spices.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (120g) vanilla Greek yogurt*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) skim milk*
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin out if it’s too thick or add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture if desired. Taste, then add more spices if desired.
- Yogurt: We usually use vanilla Greek yogurt in this recipe. Feel free to use regular (non-Greek) vanilla or plain Greek yogurt instead.
- Spices: Instead of prepared pumpkin pie spice, try adding a pinch of ground nutmeg, ground cloves, ground ginger, and/or more cinnamon to taste.
- Milk: We usually use skim milk. Coconut milk, almond milk, or other non dairy milks or cow’s milk are fine replacements.
Keywords: pumpkin pie smoothie