Sweet and salty, super easy honey pear tart with goat cheese, honey, and toasty almonds.
- 1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- egg wash: 1 large egg beaten with 1 Tablespoon milk
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 large pears, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons coarse sugar (or brown sugar!)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- sea salt for sprinkling
- honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Line a 12×17 inch baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Unroll the pastry sheets on a floured work surface. Place the edge of one over the other and use a rolling pin to adhere them together. Roll the whole thing out into a 10×14 rectangle. Fold over the edges and crimp down with a fork. Crimping is much easier the colder the pastry is, so place into the refrigerator to chill if needed.
- Brush the entire pastry, edges included, with egg wash. Top with goat cheese.
- Toss the pear slices and coarse sugar together. Line the pears on top of the pastry. Sprinkle with almonds and sea salt.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack, and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle with honey before slicing and serving.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Assemble the tart through step 4. Place in the refrigerator up to 1 full day, then bake and serve. So easy!
- Have fun with this pear tart! You can switch up the cheese or maybe use chopped pistachios or walnuts instead of almonds. And/or add some cinnamon or savory herbs like rosemary or thyme.
Keywords: easy tart, honey pear tart