Learn exactly how to roast garlic – it’s easy!
- heads of garlic (I like to do 5-6 at a time)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Using a sharp knife, slice off the top of the garlic heads to expose the cloves inside. Grab a round or square cake pan (I usually use a 9-inch one) and pour 2 Tablespoons of olive oil inside. Swirl it around the bottom of the pan to coat evenly. Place garlic heads inside, exposed side up.
- Sprinkle the garlic heads with a little salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 more Tablespoon of olive oil on top. You want them to have a nice coating of oil so they don’t burn easily. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and roast in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Your house will smell amazing! Remove from the oven. To remove the roasted cloves, grab the bottom of the garlic head and gently squeeze until the cloves pop out – they will be mushy and ready to chop up for your recipe. Or spread onto a slice of crusty bread or pizza crust before baking. Yum!
Keywords: roasted garlic