Learn exactly how to roast garlic – it’s easy!
- heads of garlic (I like to do 5-6 at a time)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Using a sharp knife, slice off the top of the garlic heads to expose the cloves inside. Grab a round or square cake pan (I usually use a 9-inch round pan) and pour 2 Tablespoons of olive oil inside. Swirl it around the bottom of the pan to coat evenly. Place garlic heads inside, exposed side up.
- Sprinkle the garlic heads with a little salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 more Tablespoon of olive oil on top. You want them to have a nice coating of oil so they don’t burn easily. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and roast in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Your house will smell amazing! Remove from the oven. To remove the roasted cloves, grab the bottom of the garlic head and gently squeeze until the cloves pop out—they will be mushy and ready to chop up for your recipe. Or spread onto a slice of crusty bread or pizza crust before baking.
- For storing, remove the roasted cloves from the whole bulb, drizzle with a little olive oil, and cover tightly. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Special Tools (affiliate links): 9-Inch Round Pan or 9-Inch Square Pan
Keywords: roasted garlic