It’s officially June and unofficially summer! As will happen this time of year, we’re getting outside and soaking up this beautiful weather before sweltering August hits us like a ton of (very hot and humid) bricks. I kicked off the weekend yesterday with a long walk/slog– meaning, slow jog. Because running just has not been happening the past couple months. I can’t believe I’m 25 weeks along now!
Before digging into my usual 7 ramblings, I want to thank you for tagging the recipes you make from my blog with #sallysbakingaddiction on Insta. I check these out (read: STALK) every night. Nothing makes me happier than seeing your versions of these recipes!!! Thank you thank you!
2) It’s been a year since we moved into our new home! We moved in at the beginning of June last year. We lived and worked through a kitchen remodel for most of the summer, but once that was crossed off the list we began to settle in. We had some rooms painted the other week and future projects include finishing the basement, landscaping, and planting a big garden!
3) My plan was to make a deeeeelicious chocolate zucchini cake this week. That never happened. Instead, I made about 89 pies that currently reside in my freezer. But with a bucket of zucchini in the fridge, I resorted to these zucchini parmesan crisps. WOW! They were unbelievable! We couldn’t stop eating them. Sorta reminded me of French fries. Confession: I dipped them in ketchup. ♥
4) Other recipes I want to try soon: on a pasta salad kick lately (remember?) and this greek pasta salad looks like it’d hit the spot. Also: this s’mores layer cake means it’s officially summer and strawberry frozen yogurt pie, and these raspberry rhubarb almond bars!
5) I’m headed to Phoenix this coming week to shoot a ton of recipe videos and a special Sally’s Cookie Addiction cookbook trailer/preview video! This will be the last time I fly when pregnant because MAN, it is so uncomfortable! I’m not a fan of flying as it is, but flying when pregnant is…well… it’s the pits. Especially cross country trips! We’ll also be shooting a Facebook LIVE on Wednesday, June 7th at 1pm. Behind the scenes of the video shoot and a Q&A session, too!
6) Baking anything this weekend? Today we’re celebrating my 5 year old nephew’s birthday and I made some fun summertime cookies for the party. I’ll share that recipe this month!
7) Peach pecan crisp, anyone? I’ve gotten questions about using frozen peaches in this instead of fresh and yes, you totally can!
Make it a good one!