An easy and delicious recipe for 128 calorie lightened-up chocolate chip cheesecake bars, sacrificing none of the creamy texture and flavor!
- 5–6 full-sheet graham crackers (or 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs)
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted or salted butter, melted (or even melted coconut oil)
- 8 ounces reduced fat brick-style cream cheese, softened to room temperature (do not use fat free)
- 3/4 cup (185g) Greek yogurt*
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (16g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (85g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides to easily lift the bars out of the pan before cutting. Set aside.
- Make the crust: Using a food processor or blender, pulverize the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Pour into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter. Press into the lined pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling.
- Make the filling: Beat the softened cream cheese for 1 minute using a hand or stand mixer. Beat in the yogurt, egg whites, sugar, and flour until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Add the lemon juice and vanilla, beat for 1 additional minute until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread filling on top. Bake for 25 minutes, covering the cheesecake bars at the 20 minute mark with aluminum foil to prevent browning. Allow to cool for 20 minutes at room temperature, then chill completely in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Store bars in a covered container for up to 7 days in the refrigerator; bars can be frozen up to 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Double Batch: Recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9×13-inch pan, baking time will vary – about 45-55 minutes.
- Yogurt: I use Chobani 0% fat, plain. You can use low fat Greek yogurt instead. You can also use regular yogurt, plain or flavored, low fat or fat free.
Keywords: skinny chocolate chip cheesecake bars, skinny cheesecake bars