These lightened-up no bake cookies are a favorite! Made with only 7 simple ingredients like banana, chocolate, oats, and peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup (125g) creamy or crunchy peanut butter*
- 1 small very ripe banana, mashed (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup (113g) honey*
- 1/4 cup (22g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk*
- 3 cups (240g) quick oats*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- optional: 1/3 cup (60g) mini chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Melt peanut butter and mashed banana together in a large skillet over low heat until fully melted and combined. Remove from heat and mix in the honey, cocoa powder, milk, oats, and salt. The mixture will be thick and fudgy. Drop cookie dough (about 2 Tablespoons per cookie) on the baking sheet, molding the cookie into desired shape. Press a few mini chocolate chips onto tops, if desired. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before enjoying.
- Cookies remain fresh up to 10 days stored (covered) in the refrigerator. Cookies freeze well up to 3 months.
- Peanut Butter: If using natural style peanut butter make sure it is not oily.
- Sweetener: You can also use maple syrup or agave.
- Milk: Use any kind of milk you enjoy– regular, almond, soy, etc.
- Oats: Quick oats are required for this no bake cookie recipe, not whole rolled oats. You may make your own quick oats at home by pulsing 3 cups of whole rolled oats in the blender or food processor about 4 times (or for 5 seconds).
- Gluten Free/Vegan: To make vegan, use maple syrup or agave instead of honey. Ensure oats are certified gluten free if gluten intolerant.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies, healthy peanut butter chocolate no bake cookies