Skinny Cookies ‘n Cream Milkshakes

These thick, lightened-up Cookies n’ Cream Milkshakes are made from only 4 easy ingredients!

Skinny Cookies n' Cream Milkshakes - made from only 4 easy, guilt-free ingredients! Recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

My workout recovery drink for the weekend was a Cookies n’ Cream milkshake. A milkshake with only 4 ingredients, taking just 5 minutes, and made from bananas. Bananas? Yes, this milkshake is made from bananas.

If you’re new around these parts, you may not know about my love for banana whip. Banana whip is made from freezing very ripe bananas and blending them into a creamy whip. Buy bananas, let them get speckled brown, peel them, slice them, freeze them, whip them in your blender, and eat.

Honest to goodness, it tastes like vanilla soft-serve. Vegan, gluten-free, 1 ingredient ice cream.

Did you know that you can freeze bananas and blend them to make 1 ingredient vanilla soft serve? SO good!

I make milkshakes from this frozen whipped banana concoction quite often.

And today’s Skinny Cookies n Cream Milkshakes.

Skinny Cookies n' Cream Milkshakes - so easy, so creamy, and made from only 4 guilt-free ingredients! Recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

For the cookies n’ cream version, you’ll need 2 frozen bananas, 3 reduced fat Oreos (treat yourself!), 1/2 cup fat free Cool Whip, and a splash of skim milk. The cool whip makes the milkshakes insanely creamy. They taste like the cookies n’ cream milkshakes you love from the diner!

I threw the 4 ingredients into the blender after an hour-long workout and have never felt more refreshed. You could even add Greek yogurt to the milkshakes for a protein kick! The milkshake will taste more tart and less sweet, but you’ll get a nice serving of protein in there if you chose to add it. Or even try adding a scoop of protein powder. I’m not a fan of protein powder, but I know most people are.

You will hardly taste the bananas. I know I can’t!

Other milkshakes you’ll love:

Skinny Cookies ‘n Cream Milkshakes

• Author: Sally
  • Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Cook Time: 0 minutes
  • Total Time: 5 minutes
  • Yield: serves 2
  • Category: Drinks
  • Cuisine: American

Description

These thick, lightened-up cookies n’ cream milkshakes are made from only 4 easy ingredients!

Ingredients

• 2 ripe large bananas, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
  • 1/4 cup skim milk*
  • 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, such as Cool Whip or 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
  • 3 reduced-fat Oreos

Instructions

1. Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
  2. Blend the frozen banana chunks and milk together until thick, creamy, and smooth – about 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
  3. Add the Cool Whip and Oreos and blend for 1 minute. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

Notes

1. Milk: Use your favorite milk. Skim, 1%, 2%, almond, soy, rice, coconut, etc.
  2. Yogurt: As suggested, vanilla flavored or plain Greek yogurt is a wonderful protein-packed replacement for Cool Whip.
  3. Protein Powder: Try adding vanilla protein powder for a tasty protein kick.

Keywords: cookies n cream milkshake, skinny cookies n cream milkshake

PS: This is what my work day looks like. My assistant caught sleeping on the job! 😉

Jude-2

This post contains affiliate links.

These thick, lightened-up Cookies n' Cream Milkshakes are made from only 4 easy ingredients!

1. hi Sally
    I’m portuguese and i love your post.
    Could you explain me what’s a fat free Cool Whip?
    um abraço
    Ana

1. Hi Ana! Cool Whip is a brand of frozen whipped topping, which can be found in the freezer aisle of most US grocery stores. You may substitute yogurt for it.

2. Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) says:

I’ve seen something similar before but I love the addition of the banana! I bet it makes this milkshake absolutely thick and creamy and delicious. Can’t wait to try it!

1. Super thick and creamy – which is why I love it! Thanks Kim.

3. Caroline @ Pass the Cocoa says:

This is brilliant, Sally! I love frozen bananas, but I’ve never thought about using it as a substitute for ice cream. Must try this!

4. Kelly @Hidden fruits and veggies says:

Love this, Sally! Using bananas to make soft serve and milkshakes is one of my favorite things (actually, anything involving bananas may be a favorite thing, so yummy)

5. I really need to start making your skinny shakes! I think a cookie dough or smores flavor should be next! Also, loving thestraws 🙂

1. Love your suggestions. 🙂 I have one of those going into my cookbook out next Spring!

6. Jess @ On Sugar Mountain says:

Oh the magic that is the banana whip! My goodness Sally if you keep up these shenanigans I’ll be slurping milkshakes all summer! 😉

…heehee now that I think of it there could be worse options 😉

7. Eva @ Eva Bakes says:

Sounds like a great snack after my workouts at the (skating) rink!

8. This sounds great, Sally! I’ve never whipped frozen bananas, but it sure sounds like a winner. I know I would love this with my Greek yogurt.

9. Sarah @ Miss Candiquik says:

These look fabulous! I’ll def have to try that and mix with yogurt…the possibilities are endless 🙂

10. Ari @ Ari's Menu says:

I’ve been making banana milkshakes too, but just with bananas and almond milk. Love the addition of cool whip, and I die over anything cookies and cream!

11. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking says:

Wow, Sally! These look incredible, and I love that you made something SO scrumptious with such few, skinny ingredients! These are totally happening soon. Frozen treats with bananas are the BEST!

12. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel says:

Bananas and cookies… as a recovery drink?! I’m in.

13. Oh. my. goodness. I’m going to need to make these ASAP! Thanks for sharing, Sally!

14. Meagan @ A Zesty Bite says:

I’m trying to lose some weight so this would satisfy my chocolate cravings.

15. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says:

Nice idea using bananas. I made a slightly healthier milkshake myself last night but I just used reduced fat ice cream and milk haha.

16. Gloria @ Simply Gloria says:

Now I have another use for those bananas on the counter! I don’t prefer bananas plain straight out of the peel…but I could sit and sniff them all day! But putting them in treats, I love. Especially this kind of smoothie concoction is a huge WOW! Sally, hope you guys had a great weekend!

17. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl says:

Holy moly, Sally – this looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the smoothie I just posted! 🙂 As luck would have it, I have banana slices in the freezer and Oreos in the pantry, so….looks like we’ll be making these tonight after our t-ball game. YUM!

18. Oh wow! this is it, a skinny oreo milkshake! i am soo glad you have made this recipe, no more gulity slurps anymore!

I am new to the food blogging scene and Hope ou can look at my blog:
    It would be great to get some advice and feel free to leave a comment.

p.s. I live in the uk and I have never hear of cool whip, is there a substitute?

1. Hi Eve! Yes, you may use yogurt instead of Cool Whip. Congrats on your new blog!

19. This looks delicious!! Do you ever use coconut milk in your smoothies?

20. foodfashionandflow says:

These look soooooo good. I am so glad you created this skinny version because I could seriously drink this for breakfast lunch and dinner.

21. Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef says:

this would be great after a long run! love smoothies then, and this fancy shake would be even better. 🙂

22. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry says:

I always keep banana’s in the freezer for banana whip. This milkshake though sounds great to keep the sugar cravings at bay.

23. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says:

Gahhhhh YES! I’m also obsessed with the banana whip and I looove cookies and cream so match made in heaven!

24. Kelly @ Life made Sweeter says:

This looks crazy good and refreshing Sally! Love that it’s a skinny version too 🙂 I have everything on hand except for Cool Whip. Hopefully heavy whipping cream whipped up works just as well, hehe, I can’t wait so I’m going to try it now 🙂

1. Whipped cream would work too!

1. The whipped cream worked great and the shake tastes amazing, just the afternoon pick me up I needed:) Thanks so much for the recipe Sally!:)

25. erin @hooleywithaz says:

i think that these are going to be my go to “happy hour” drinks when i am pregnant someday. a healthy, delicious treat will make me forget that i can’t have cocktails. i mean, i want them now too, obviously.

26. Eat Good 4 Life says:

This looks awesome. I am so making this for the summer!! My kids are going to love it 🙂

27. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet says:

One of my fav combos in a skinny milkshake! What’s not to like!

28. That’s Bananas. Can’t wait to try that banana whip trick! Yum.

29. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen says:

I sure could go for a milkshake right now! I’m not doing anything but sitting quietly and am still on the verge of sweating…

30. Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations says:

I am super-intrigued by your banana whip. I love frozen bananas in my fruit smoothies but I’ve never tried to make it chocolaty with oreos. When we where in Laos the shake stand ladies had a coffee, oreo, banana concoction. Your milkshake makes we want to try to recreate their version at home 🙂

1. Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations says:

I just made banana whip as my late night dessert yesterday! And didn’t feel a single ounce of guilt (even with a crumbles cookie on top) 😉
      It worked out awesome and I am sure I’ll be making it many more times. Probably as a base for the oreo/coffee shake as well 😀

1. So glad you tried it Regina! Banana whip is too good to be true. Love the idea of cookie crumbles on top. YUM!

1 2 3