This is a really easy frozen peanut butter pie that comes together quickly. The crust is a slightly scaled down version of this Oreo cookie crust, to yield a slightly thinner crust. See recipe Note about using homemade whipped cream instead of store-bought whipped topping.
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 18 regular Oreo cookies (not Double-Stuf)
- 4 Tablespoons (60g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 8 ounces (226g) block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces thawed whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)*
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup crushed Reese’s Pieces, divided
- Make the crust: In a food processor or blender, pulse 22 Oreos (including the cream filling) into a fine crumb. You should have about 2 cups (packed) crumbs, or 250g. Pour crumbs into a large bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. The mixture will be thick and quite wet. Try to smash/break up any large chunks. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish. With medium pressure using your hand, pat the crumbs down into the bottom and up the sides to make a compact, thick crust. Set in the freezer as you make the filling.
- Prepare the pie filling: Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the peanut butter, sugar, cream cheese, and milk together in a large bowl. Beat until the mixture is completely smooth. Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Remove pie crust from the freezer and layer 1/2 of the pie filling onto the crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the crushed Reese’s Pieces. Layer with the rest of the pie filling, swirling to make it completely smooth on top. Top with chocolate syrup and remaining Reese’s Pieces.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. 20 minutes before serving, remove from the freezer and let sit out to gently thaw. This makes the pie much easier to cut.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Pie can be made ahead, covered tightly, and frozen up to 2-3 days.
- Whipped Topping: Instead of the whipped topping, you can use this full recipe for homemade whipped cream.
- Toppings: Feel free to use any candy topping of your choice. Peanut butter cups, crushed cookies, candy bars, coconut, chocolate chips, etc.
- Adapted from Skinny Taste.
Keywords: skinny frozen peanut butter pie, frozen peanut butter pie