An easy and delicious recipe for lightened up cheesecake bars using light cream cheese, yogurt, egg whites, and a swirl of raspberry jam.
- 3/4 cup (85g) graham cracker crumbs (about 5-6 full sheets graham crackers)
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, melted (or melted coconut oil)
- 8 ounces brick-style light cream cheese, softened to room temperature (do not use fat free)
- 3/4 cup (185g) Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt, plain or flavored, low fat or fat free)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (16g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides to easily lift the bars out of the pan before cutting. Set aside.
- Make the crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together in a medium bowl until combined. Evenly press crust into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on high speed until completely smooth, about 1 minute. On medium-high speed, beat in yogurt until completely combined. Then beat in the egg whites until combined. Finally, beat in the sugar, flour, and lemon juice until everything is combined and no lumps remain.
- Pour filling onto the crust. Swirl the raspberry jam on top of the batter (see the text in the post for how I swirl).
- Bake for 25 minutes, covering the cheesecake bars at the 20 minute mark with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Allow the bars to cool at room temperature set on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 3-4 hours or even overnight.
- Once chilled, lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into squares. For neat squares, I use a very sharp knife and wipe it clean with a paper towel after each cut. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Prepare the bars 1-3 days in advance and store covered tightly in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Bars can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Keywords: skinny raspberry cheesecake bars