A soft and brownie-like chocolate crinkle cookie, rolled into graham cracker crumbs and topped with melty marshmallows.
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2/3 cup (56g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (50g) miniature marshmallows, cut in half
- 4 full-sheet graham crackers, ground into fine crumbs
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together in a large bowl on medium speed until creamed, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Add the milk. The dough will be heavy and sticky. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours and up to 3-4 days.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow to slightly soften at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs into a bowl. Take 1.5 Tablespoons of chilled dough and roll into a ball. Roll each cookie dough ball into the graham cracker crumbs. Repeat with the rest of the cookie dough. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press 3-4 pieces of marshmallow on top of each cookie. Return to the oven for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cookies will appear undone and very soft. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 20-22 cookies. Cookies stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.