If you like s’mores and rice krispie treats, you’ll flip for these easy chocolate squares. These s’mores rice krispie treats are easy to make – about 5 minutes of prep and 25 minutes to set – and you don’t even have to turn on the oven!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag (10.5-oz) miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker pieces
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (or regular size chocolate chips)
- Spray 11×7 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Pour in the marshmallows and constantly stir until melted with butter.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour in the rice krispie cereal and graham cracker pieces. Mix together well.
- Add chocolate chips and gently stir – you want most of the chips to hold their shape and not to completely melt. Immediately press rice krispie treats into prepared baking pan. Use the flat side of a spatula sprayed with nonstick spray to flatten the rice krispie treats down evenly.
- Refrigerate for about 25 minutes, then cut into 24 squares. If your treats are too cold to cut after 25 minutes in the fridge, let them sit out on the counter for a few minutes before cutting. I use a serrated knife dipped in warm water for neatly cut squares.