You’ll also love my Snickers caramel tart!
Thick and creamy cheesecake bars on top of an Oreo cookie crust and stuffed with Snickers Bars.
Today’s recipe was inspired by the evil genius behind The Cheesecake Factory’s Snickers Bar Cheesecake. Whoever you are, I’d like to shake your hand for creating the most devilishly decadent dessert in the entire world.
If you haven’t had it yet, you can only imagine. It’s Snickers bars + creamy dreamy cheesecake. Need I say more?
If I had to eat only one candy bar for the rest of my life (can we make that scenario happen please?), it would probably be a Snickers bar. They’re the perfect package. Milk chocolate, caramel, fluffy nougat, and salty peanuts. By the way, did you know that Snickers is the world’s most popular candy bar? I’m not surprised!
What we have today is truly a simple recipe. Baking a cheesecake into bar form is so much easier than the real thing. It’s actually dangerous how easy this recipe is because now I’m probably going to make them all the time. I already have multiple requests from Kevin’s coworkers. I keep getting facebook messages for “more cheesecake snickers bars!!” Recipe success.
Start with an Oreo cookie crust. The Oreo cookie crust is quite thick – you want something very sturdy to hold up all of the heavy cheesecake batter. I loved how thick the crust was, actually. It’s tastes more like a layer in the bar rather than a puny little crust that will get lost under all the filling. The Oreo cookie crust contains two things: Oreos and melted butter. Grind up 20 whole Oreos (with the cream center) in your food processor or blender and mix with 5 Tablespoons of melted butter. That’s it.
Baking the cookie crust for about 10 minutes as you make your filling is important. Otherwise, your crust will fall apart.
The filling is quite basic. I know I’m going to use it over and over again for more cheesecake bars in my baking future. It’s a new “go-to” recipe. 16 ounces of softened cream cheese, 1 large egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Yep, only 4 ingredients – plus snickers. 13 fun size Snickers went into my filling, which is about 1.5 cups. The amount of Snickers bars is very forgiving. Add more or less, depending on your taste. 1.5 cups gave me the perfect ratio of creamy cheesecake filling to gooey, melty Snickers inside.
Before baking, I topped the bars with milk chocolate chips. Just to give them a little something extra. Top with more Snickers, a different kind of chocolate chip or leave plain. You could also drizzle the bars with melted chocolate after they are done baking. Always room for more chocolate, right?!
The hardest part about today’s recipe? Waiting for the darn bars to chill before digging in. At least 3 hours in the refrigerator felt like a lifetime! I did anything I could to help pass the time quicker. An episode of How I Met Your Mother, an attempt to do laundry, a trip to the dog park across the street, and I even painted my nails.
I swear, the day I made these – time stood still for those three hours.
When the bars are ready, it’s time to EAT! You don’t even have to be hungry to eat one. In fact, you could be stuffed to the brim with absolutely no more room in your stomach, ready to completely burst – and one of these cheesecake bars will still taste incredible.
There is truly no other convincing I can do here. My work is done. I mean, just look at them.
These need to come with a warning label.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make. ♥
More sweet + salty recipes to try: Ultimate Snickers cupcakes, salted caramel pumpkin cheesecakes, mocha cheesecake brownies, peanut butter Butterfinger cheesecake, Snickers caramel tart, salted caramel pretzel crunch bars, triple chocolate pretzel brownies, cookie dough pretzel bites, peanut butter cup pretzel cheesecake bars, and brown butter pretzel M&M cookies.
Snickers Cheesecake Bars
Ultra thick and creamy cheesecake bars stuffed with Snickers Bars. Easier and quicker than baking an entire cheesecake.
- 20 Oreo cookies (Regular, Double Stuf, or any chocolate wafer cookie)
- 5 Tablespoons (75g) unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 standard packages), softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 13 fun size snickers, chopped (about 1.5 cups total)*
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides. Set aside.
- For the crust: In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole Oreos into a fine crumb. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together in a medium sized bowl. Press into the lined pan. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling.
- For the filling: Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract together with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Fold in the Snickers and spread the mixture over your cooled crust. Top with chocolate chips. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set up and the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool for 30 minutes on the counter and then completely in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.
- Store bars in a covered container for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9x13-inch pan, baking time will vary - about 45-55 minutes.
*Add more or less Snickers, depending on your taste. 1.5 cups of chopped Snickers equates to 13 fun size, 20 bite size, or 3 large bars.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Try these Snickers Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies next!
See more cheesecake recipes.