Decadent chocolate cupcakes filled & topped with creamy chocolate mousse and covered in Snickers Bars.
I think I found my new favorite cupcake. When there’s chocolate AND snickers AND chocolate mousse involved, you know it has to be good.
What is crazy is that this indulgent, over-the-top cupcake all starts with a BOX! I often hesitate to start my cupcakes form boxed mixes because the result does not taste homemade at all. However, by modifying the ingredients called for on the back of the box, we can make boxed cake mixes truly taste original. 🙂
Biting into one is like an over-the-top chocolate explosion your tastebuds. These cupcakes are not for the faint of heart! I filled my cupcakes with a decedent two-ingredient chocolate mousse. Two ingredients… who knew it was so easy? I surely didn’t. The mousse only took me 4 minutes to make!
After filling the cupcakes with the chocolate mousse, I swirled more of it on top. Then, I sprinkled on oodles and oodles of chopped Snickers Bars. Feel free to use any favorite candy bar.
These show-stopper cupcakes will look and taste like you slaved in the kitchen all day. Creating a decadent dessert AND saving time is what I am all about!
Decadent chocolate cupcakes filled & topped with creamy chocolate mousse and covered in Snickers bars.
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 small box Jello Chocolate Fudge instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1 cup sour cream
Chocolate Mousse Filling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag mini Snickers bars, unwrapped and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two 12-count cupcake pans with liners. Using a stand or hand held electric mixer, beat together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, milk and sour cream. Beat until well combined, about 2 minutes. Scoop the batter evenly in all 24 cupcake liners. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the tin and let cool.
- While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the mousse by melting the milk chocolate chips in the microwave. Melt for 30 seconds, remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for 30 more seconds and stir. The chocolate chips should be completely melted. If not, continue to melt in 30 second increments. Set aside to cool. Whip the heavy cream with a stand alone or electric handheld mixer until it looks like whipped cream and stiff peaks form. Fold in melted chocolate chips into whipped cream until it is all evenly combined.
- To fill the cupcakes, transfer batches into a piping bag. Once the cupcakes have cooled, press the tip of the piping bag into the center of the cupcake (about 1-inch deep) and squeeze while pulling the tip out. (You may certainly skip this step and simply frost the cupcakes with the mousse.)
- Using a knife, frost the cupcakes with the remaining mousse and sprinkle with chopped Snickers pieces.
Keywords: snickers chocolate cupcakes