Super-soft cookies with Andes Mint Chocolate. Very easy to make, no dough chilling! One of my favorite cookie recipes ever.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups and 1/4 cups (281g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups (340g) chopped Andes Mints OR Andes Mints Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk (if needed, see note)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). With an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, then the egg yolk, mixing for about 1 minute after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour, and unsweetened cocoa powder. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix for about 1 minute on low speed. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. By hand, fold in the Andes Mints.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon-fuls* onto ungreased baking sheet or silicone mat. Bake for 10-12 minutes until sides *slightly* begin to brown. I took mine out of the oven at exactly 10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Cookies stay fresh & soft in a sealed container at room temperature for 1 week. Cookies freeze well, up to 2 months.
- Milk: The dough is very, very thick and should come together easily. However, if it is TOO thick to handle, add up to 1/4 cup milk before adding the Andes Mint Chips.
- Larger Cookies: If making larger cookies, I suggest dropping dough by 1/4 cup measurements and shaping into a ball. Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Be sure to check out my top 5 cookie baking tips AND these are my 10 must-have cookie baking tools.
Keywords: andes mint chocolate chunk cookies