Soft + thick peanut butter cookies loaded with all your peanut butter favorites!
- 1/2 cup (115g) salted butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (185g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 cup (64g) honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup (100g) mini peanut butter cups (OR fun size or regular size peanut butter cups, chopped)
- 1/2 cup (90g) peanut butter baking chips
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Fold in the peanuts, peanut butter cups, and peanut butter chips. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Remover dough from the refrigerator. Allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes so you can easily roll it. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Drop chilled dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet or Silpat. Gently press down to slightly flatten. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may appear undone. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy! Cookies stay fresh stored covered at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Keywords: peanut butter lovers' cookies