Big, bakery style Blueberry Muffins. My best-ever blueberry muffin recipe is easy to make!
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) milk*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) canola or vegetable oil (melted coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (150g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- optional: coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Spray your muffin tin of choice with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until all dry ingredients are combined – a 20 second toss to disperse everything together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla. Mixture will be pale and yellow. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand. Avoid overmixing. Gently mix until all the flour is off the bottom of the bowl and no big pockets of flour remain. The batter will be VERY thick and somewhat lumpy. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Top with a sprinkle course sugar, if preferred. Bake at 425°F (218°C) for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (191°C) and continue to bake for 25-26 minutes until tops are lightly golden and centers appear set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before enjoying.
- Muffins taste best fresh the same day. Store muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Muffins freeze well for up to 3 months.
- Milk: Buttermilk is preferred for the moistest texture. 1% or higher milk fat of regular milk would be fine. Almond milk + soy milk are OK too.
- Regular Size Muffins: For 15-16 standard size muffins, reduce baking time to 18-19 total minutes: 5 initial minutes at the 425°F (218°C) and 13-14 minutes at 375°F (191°C).
- Mini Muffins: For 30 mini muffins, bake for 11-12 minutes at 375°F (191°C) the entire time.
Keywords: jumbo blueberry muffins