This sweet & spicy honey Chex mix is made with real butter, honey, and plenty of spices. Baked until the sauce seeps into every last crispy square, this mega flavorful snack is completely addicting.
- 9 cups (290g) Chex cereal (I used a combination of wheat, corn, and rice Chex)
- 2 cups (225g) mixed nuts
- 2 cups (100g) mini pretzels
- 1 cup (50g) bagel chips
- 3/4 cup (12 Tbsp; 170g) unsalted butter
- 6 Tablespoons (90g) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (120g) honey
- 1/3 cup (80g) hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- optional: sprinkle of chili powder
- Preheat oven to 275°F (135°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients (the dry snacks!) in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the remaining ingredients, except for the chili powder, in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the butter has melted. Pour over the dry ingredients and carefully stir to coat.
- Spread evenly on prepared baking sheets and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with a little chili powder (for extra spice, if desired), then allow to cool completely on the baking sheets. The Chex mix will crisp up as it cools.
- Cover tightly and store at room temperature for up to 2-3 weeks.
- Special Tools: White Mixing Bowls | Measuring Cups | Saucepan | Baking Sheet
- Make It Your Own: The dry ingredients are completely customizable. Don’t like nuts? Leave them out or replace with extra Chex or pretzels. Don’t have bagel chips? Leave them out or replace with another snack food you think would taste good!