This colorful, healthy strawberry almond chicken salad has the works! It’s for those of you who love all the toppings on salads… full of juicy berries, crunchy almonds, creamy avocado, chicken, and topped with homemade poppy seed dressing.
- 6 cups spinach or field greens (I used 3 cups each)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup mandarin orange slices
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless cooked chicken, chopped
- poppy seed dressing (homemade or store-bought)*
- Toss everything together in a large bowl, except for the dressing, until combined. Pour desired amount of dressing overtop and serve immediately.
- Yes, it’s really that easy.
- Dressing: You could really dress this summer salad with just about anything. Either balsamic or raspberry vinaigrette would be incredible, too.
- Options! Try crumbling a few strips of bacon overtop and/or adding 4 ounces goat cheese, gorgonzola, or feta cheese!
Keywords: strawberry almond chicken salad, strawberry chicken salad