Fluffy buttermilk pancakes loaded with vanilla flavor and juicy strawberries. Top with homemade honey butter for the ultimate weekend indulgence!
- 6 Tablespoons (90g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled (plus more butter for greasing)
- 2 and 1/4 cups (282g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (480ml) buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)*
- honey butter and maple syrup for serving
- Melt the 6 Tablespoons of butter first. Microwave or stovetop – either is fine. Set aside to slightly cool. You don’t want it piping hot.
- In a large bowl, toss the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until combined. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract together until combined. Whisk in the melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk by hand gently to combine the ingredients. The batter is thick and a few lumps may remain. Very gently, fold in the strawberries.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Coat generously with butter. Once hot, drop about 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle. Cook until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the sides, about 1 minute. Flip and cook on the other side until cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Coat griddle/skillet again with butter for each pancake or batch of pancakes.
- Keep pancakes warm in a preheated 200°F (93°C) oven until all pancakes are cooked.
- Serve pancakes immediately with honey butter and maple syrup. (Though I love them even without the maple syrup!)
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Pancakes taste best right after they are made. Pancakes freeze well, up to 2 months. Reheat as desired.
- Strawberries: If using frozen strawberries, thaw them, slice them, and pat them dry before adding to the batter.
- Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes recipe.
Keywords: buttermilk pancakes, strawberry pancakes