Creamy cheesecake swirled with strawberries and dotted with chocolate chips. These bars are so much easier than making an entire cheesecake!
- 10 full-sheet graham crackers (or 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 6 Tablespoons (90 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 standard packages or 450 grams), softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup (90-100 grams) strawberry jam*
- 2/3 cup (120 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides. Set aside.
- Make the crust: Using a food processor or blender, pulverize the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Pour into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter and sugar. Press into the lined pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling.
- Make the filling: Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract together with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips evenly on top of crust. Spread the filling on top of chocolate chips. Drop large spoonfuls of jam on top of filling and swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set up and the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature and then completely in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Store bars in a covered container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Strawberry Jam: You can also use 1/4 cup homemade strawberry filling from this recipe.
- Larger Batch: Recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9×13-inch pan, baking time will vary – about 45-55 minutes.
Keywords: strawberry chocolate chip cheesecake bars, strawberry cheesecake bars