A slim-down power smoothie recipe filled with super foods including spinach, strawberries, flax, and apple. Refreshing, nutrient packed, with no added sugar.
- 2 large bananas, previously peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 heaping handful spinach (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/2 of a large apple, chopped (or 1 small – use your favorite variety)
- 7 large strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup almond milk*
- optional: 1 Tablespoon ground flax
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana and apple. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
- Peel the apple if you do not prefer the skin to be in your smoothie. I did not peel mine. Blend 1 banana, the spinach, apple, 1/4 cup almond milk, and flax together until smooth. Add more milk if it is too thick. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Pour equally into 2 glasses.
- Rinse out the blender and blend 1 banana, 1/4 cup almond milk, and the strawberries together until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed and add more milk if it is too thick. Pour the strawberry smoothie on top. Serve immediately.
- The layered smoothie look is optional, so you can just blend all of the ingredients together instead.
- Milk: Use your favorite milk, keeping in mind the recipe will no longer be vegan if using cow milk. I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
Keywords: superfood smoothie