Sweet & salty, soft & crunchy cookies with potato chips, toffee, and chocolate. These loaded cookies are a cookie jar favorite!
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed ruffled potato chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped heath bars (or Heath Bar Bits ‘o Brickle baking pieces)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. With an electric mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until a dough forms (may take a couple minutes of stirring). Fold in the potato chips, chocolate chips, and toffee. Do not overmix the dough at any point in this process.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes (or up to 5 days, covered) in the refrigerator. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Press a few more add-ins onto the tops for decoration. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. The centers should appear very soft and puffy. Let cool completely and enjoy!
Keywords: potato chip cookies, potato chip toffee cookies