Chocolate-covered raisins make these super thick oatmeal cookies an unbeatable treat.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 cups Raisinets
- With an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing well until combined.
- On slow speed, mix in the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Manually stir in oats until the dough comes together. Fold in Raisinets. Roll into balls and freeze the balls for about 5 minutes, to get them chilly quickly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 3 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to a cookie rack. Cookies will be very soft and may not appear to be done, but they will set up in minutes.
Keywords: oatmeal raisinet cookies