My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe overloaded with s’more greatness. These cookies are easy to make and you don’t need a mixer for the cookie dough.
- 2 and 1/4 cups (280g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (135g) light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (or more chocolate chips)
- 2 full sheet graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk. Finally, whisk in the vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft, yet thick. Fold in the chocolate chips. They may not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but do your best to mix them in. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow to slightly soften at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 3 Tablespoons of dough each. The dough will be crumbly, but the warmth of your hands will help the balls to stay intact. Place 8 balls of dough onto each baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and press some of the toppings into each cookie (the chocolate chunks, graham cracker pieces, and marshmallows). Place the cookies back into the oven for 2 more minutes. If desired for the last 30 seconds, turn the broiler on high to help toast the marshmallows. Or, after the 2 minutes, use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows once out of the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can make the cookie dough ahead of time and chill it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Allow to come to room temperature and continue with step 4. Baked cookies freeze well up to three months. Unbaked cookie dough balls freeze well up to three months. Bake the frozen cookie dough balls for an extra minute, then press the s’mores toppings into each as instructed in step 5. Then return to the oven for 2 minutes as that step instructs.
- Adapted from chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Keywords: s'more cookies, s'more chocolate chip cookies