A simple 4 ingredient, incredibly thick green smoothie filled with healthy produce and leaving you energized. And it actually tastes good.
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 medium bananas, previously peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 heaping cups kale
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the kale and frozen bananas. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add more milk if it’s too thick. Serve and enjoy. Store any leftover smoothie covered in the refrigerator for up to 8-10 hours.
- Makes 2 smoothies. You can easily halve this recipe to make only 1 smoothie. I like to make two at a time and keep half in the refrigerator to enjoy later in the day.
- Variations: I call this smoothie my “magic formula” and the perfect, tropical tasting starting point for other flavors. My suggestions for variations: add some fresh or frozen strawberries for a berry-tropical blend, add some frozen or fresh mango chunks to turn the tropical flavor up, and for a citrus infusion blend in a peeled, sliced orange and a splash of orange juice.
- Milk: Coconut, soy, rice, or coy’s milk are OK instead of almond milk. I always use unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk.
Keywords: tropical kale smoothie