Here’s how to make fluffy whole wheat waffles with easy healthy ingredients. Best way to start your morning!
- 2 cups (260g) whole wheat flour (spoon & levelved)
- 3 teaspoons (1 Tbsp) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons (85g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar*
- 1 and 3/4 cup (420ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle maker on medium-high heat.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until combined. Pour into dry ingredients and whisk until combined and no large lumps remain.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into each well of the waffle maker (or less if your waffle maker is on the smaller side) and close the lid. Cook the waffles util golden brown and crisp, 5-6 minutes. (You can keep waffles warm in a 200°F (93°C) preheated oven until all are finished!)
- Serve warm waffles with your favorite toppings!
- Make Ahead Instructions: Waffles are best enjoyed the same day. Refrigerate any extras for a couple days. Waffles can be frozen up to 3 months, then warmed in the toaster.
- Sugar:You can also try coconut sugar, granulated sugar, or honey.