Makes 1 large cookie, perfect for sharing. Or not!
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons beaten egg (crack the egg, beat it, and use 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the butter and sugar together until creamed. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, and sprinkles until just combined. Do NOT overmix.
- Place the dough in the center of the prepared cookie sheet into a tall ball (see picture above). Bake for 14-16 minutes until the edges are browned. The center may appear undone but that’s what you want. It will firm up. Allow to cool completely ON the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Keywords: giant funfetti cookie