There’s a whopping 28 grams of protein in this chocolate peanut butter cup smoothie– no protein powders either!
- 1 large banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 oz Chobani 0% Greek yogurt (or 2%, flavored or unflavored)
- 3/4 cup skim milk (or your favorite kind of nondairy or dairy milk)
- 1 Tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or agave
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter (any kind you like)
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
- Put all of the ingredients into the blender, in the order listed, and blend on high until thick and smooth. I would start with only 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder, blend, and then add 1 more for a stronger chocolate taste. You may need to stop and stir/scrape down the sides of the blender a few times.
- Drizzle glass with 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup (optional) and enjoy!
- So many ways to play around with this simple smoothie! If you prefer a less sweet smoothie, you can leave out the honey. Add more peanut butter for a stronger peanut butter taste. Add more milk to make the smoothie thinner, if desired. Add 1 cup of your favorite greens for added nutrition.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie