Safe-to-eat cookie dough covered in chocolate, sprinkles, and served on a popsicle stick. Try writing different messages on the popsicle sticks for different occasions. These are such a fun gift idea– and are always a hit!
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) heat-treated all-purpose flour* (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (90g) mini chocolate chips
- for dipping: 12 oz semisweet chocolate or chocolate candy coating
- 30 popsicle sticks
- In a large bowl using an electric or stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in milk and vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix on low until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill the dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until firm enough to roll.
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Roll dough into balls, about 1 Tablespoon of dough per ball. Insert popsicle stick into each ball. Freeze balls for at least 15 minutes on 1 cookie sheet.
- Melt candy coating following instructions on the package. Remove a couple of balls from the freezer at a time and dip into melted chocolate. Tap the stick against the bowl and let any excess chocolate fall off. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles and allow chocolate to set on lined cookie sheet. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Keywords: cookie dough pops