These homemade baked buffalo chicken fingers are always a favorite and disappear fast. After the coated chicken strips bake, toss in buffalo sauce and serve with ranch or the blue cheese dipping sauce recipe below.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 5 cups (140g) corn flakes cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce such as Sweet Baby Ray’s
- optional for serving: celery sticks and blue cheese sauce (recipe below)
Creamy Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup (104g) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup (75g) blue cheese crumbles
- If using chicken breasts, pound down and cut into strips.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place the corn flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika into a food processor (you can do this in stages if the processor isn’t large enough). Pulse 4-5 times until the cereal is broken down. Not completely crushed; some larger pieces can remain. Pour into a large bowl. Place the flour into a separate bowl. Then in a third bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Coat each chicken strip in flour, shaking off any excess. Then, dip in egg mixture and let any excess drip off. Then generously roll in the corn flakes, shaking off any excess. Place the chicken strips on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn each piece over and continue baking until the outside is crisp and the centers are cooked through, about more 10 minutes. Baking times may vary, just make sure the chicken is cooked through by cutting into a thick piece. If you like them browner, bake a couple minutes longer. Careful, you don’t want to dry out the chicken inside.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet (we usually make the blue cheese sauce during this time), then carefully place the chicken fingers into a large bowl. Pour the buffalo sauce on top and gently stir to coat. Taste and add more sauce if desired. Serve warm with blue cheese dipping sauce.
- Blue cheese dipping sauce: Stir sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and serve.
- Leftover chicken fingers keep well in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat in the microwave or for 10-12 minutes in a 350°F (177°C) oven.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Prepare the chicken through step 4. Refrigerate for up to 1 day before continuing with step 5. You can also freeze the baked chicken fingers before tossing in the buffalo sauce. Bake frozen chicken fingers in a 350°F (177°C) oven for 20 minutes or until warmed through, then coat in sauce.
Keywords: baked buffalo chicken fingers