This is our favorite strawberry bacon salad because it’s always a crowd-pleaser and if you already have cooked bacon, it takes about 15 minutes to throw together.
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced
- 5–6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese*
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans*
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Make the vinaigrette first by whisking all of the vinaigrette ingredients together. Taste, then add salt and pepper as needed. You can make the dressing ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to use. It’s great for up to 2 weeks when stored in the refrigerator.
- If your bacon is not already cooked, cook it according to its package directions. Cool until ready to handle, then chop it up.
- In a large bowl, toss all of the salad ingredients together, then mix in the vinaigrette. You may not need all the vinaigrette– use as much or little as you prefer.
- Plate and serve. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Lettuce: Instead of romaine, this salad is wonderful with spinach or mixed field greens too.
- Cheese: Instead of blue cheese, try feta or goat cheese.
- Pecans: If you have some extra time, toast the pecans for added flavor. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread pecans on top and toast for 7-8 minutes. Cool before adding to salad. Feel free to substitute with chopped walnuts or sliced almonds. (And you can toast those following the same toasting directions.)
Keywords: strawberry bacon salad