Looking for a simple homemade almond butter recipe? It doesn’t get easier than this.
- 3 cups whole almonds (I always use dry-roasted, unsalted)
- optional as needed: 1 Tablespoon peanut oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil
- Pour almonds into your food processor and pulse/process until the almonds go from whole to coarsely chopped to crumbly to finely ground. If they aren’t coming together easily, add up to 1 Tablespoon of oil such as canola oil, peanut oil, or vegetable oil. Process again until the almonds resemble a thick and relatively smooth almond butter.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. But it won’t last that long!
- Sometimes I add 1/2 cup of honey roasted peanuts to the mixture so there is a slight honey-roasted taste to my almond butter. That’s optional.
Keywords: homemade almond butter