Juicy peaches and toasted streusel come together to make one simple summery fruit crisp!
- 5 cups thinly sliced + peeled peaches (about 5–6 medium peaches)*
- 1/4 cup (31g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (150g) light or dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (84g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (57g) old-fashioned whole rolled oats (or quick oats)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (95g) unsalted pecans, chopped or halved
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- optional but encouraged: vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch baking dish (circle or square). Set aside.
- Make the filling: Combine peaches with the flour, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a large bowl. Toss gently until combine. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Make the topping: Whisk the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, and pecans together. Make sure to get out all those brown sugar lumps. Add the butter and stir with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon to break up the butter until the mixture is crumbly. (A fork works for this too!) Evenly sprinkle topping over peaches.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the peach juice is bubbling on the edges. Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack, and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Baked crisp freezes well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then warm in a 350°F (177°C) for 20 minutes or until heated through. I do not suggest preparing the crisp and storing it, unbaked, in the refrigerator. The topping will get soggy. You can, however, prepare the crisp through step 3 and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then continue with step 4.
- Gluten Free: For a gluten free crisp, use my recipe for gluten free apple crisp and replace sliced apples with sliced peaches. You can leave out the lemon juice in that recipe.
- Peaches: Frozen peaches work too! No need to thaw.
- Adapted from Mixed Berry Fruit Crisp in Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook.
Keywords: peach crisp, peach pecan crisp