Pumpkin cream cheese Bundt cake features a perfectly spiced pumpkin cake with a delicious cream cheese filling.
- 2 and 3/4 cups (344g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)*
- 1 cup (200g) packed light or dark brown sugar (I prefer dark here)
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling
- 12 ounces (336g) full-fat block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice together in a large bowl. Set aside. Whisk the pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until completely combined. Batter will be thick.
- Make the cream cheese filling: Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on high speed until no lumps remain. Beat in the remaining ingredients on medium-high speed until combined.
- Spread half of the pumpkin batter into the prepared bundt pan. Spread all of the cream cheese filling evenly on top. Spread the remaining pumpkin batter on top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean with just a couple lightly moist crumbs. This is a large, heavy cake so don’t be alarmed if it takes a little longer in your oven.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 1 hour inside the pan. Then, invert the slightly cooled bundt cake onto a wire rack set over a large plate or serving dish. Allow cake to cool completely before serving. Leftovers keep well stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Freezing Instructions: Baked cake can be frozen up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Special Tools: Glass Mixing Bowls, Whisk, KitchenAid Hand Mixer, and Bundt Pan
- Pumpkin: You’ll need a tad less than 2 cups of pumpkin puree, which is a standard 15 ounce can. I prefer canned pumpkin in this bundt cake as opposed to fresh puree.
Keywords: pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake, pumpkin bundt cake