Mixed with a little oil, chocolate chips, eggs, baking powder and vanilla, strawberry cake mix is the base of what may be the prettiest and softest cookie you’ll ever bake. And they’re pink, too!
- 1 box (18.25 oz) strawberry cake mix, like Duncan Hines
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla by hand. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough- stir vigorously until all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded balls of dough, about 2 Tablespoons each, onto prepared baking sheet. Stick a few more chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls if you want them for looks, if desired. Make sure the balls of dough are taller than they are wide. See here for more details.
- Bake for 10 minutes – do not let the cookies get brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will be very soft at first. As they cool, the tops may settle down; press them down gently with your fingers if they are not sinking much. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Special Tools (affiliate links): Baking Sheets | Silicone Baking Mats or Parchment Paper | Glass Mixing Bowls | Whisk
- Be sure to check out my top 5 cookie baking tips AND these are my 10 must-have cookie baking tools.
Keywords: strawberry chocolate chip cookies