Sweet, sticky, and crunchy granola exploding with vanilla and almond flavors. Ditch store-bought, healthy homemade granola is easy! This recipe is vegan and gluten free (if using certified GF oats).
- 2 and 1/2 cups (213g) old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (100g) slivered or sliced almonds*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (56g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract (yes, Tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Toss the oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the maple syrup and coconut oil together until combined. Whisk in the almond and vanilla extracts. Pour over the oats and toss to coat. Make sure all of the oats are moistened.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow granola to cool completely – the air will help the granola obtain a crunchy texture.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Granola is the perfect recipe to make ahead because it stays fresh for so long. Store this in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Almonds: I used honey roasted slivered almonds that I found at Trader Joe’s – they’re delicious! If you use honey roasted almonds, the granola will no longer be vegan.
Keywords: vanilla almond granola, vanilla granola