Take a break from traditional rice krispie treats and make these super gooey Lucky Charms Treats instead. And dip them in white chocolate!
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 10 ounce bag of marshmallows + 1 cup (extra cup is strongly recommended)
- 16 ounces melting white chocolate* (or almond bark or candy melts)
- Spray 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows until they are just about fully melted into the butter. Some chunks of marshmallow may remain. Add in the Lucky Charms cereal and stir until the cereal is fully coated.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and gently spread out evenly. I sprayed the back of a large spatula with non-stick spray and gently pressed the mixture without packing it down. Allow to set for 2 hours at room temperature before cutting into rectangles or squares, whichever shape/size you prefer.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside. Melt the white chocolate according to package instructions. Hold the treat and dip the bottom into white chocolate, making sure to coat it generously. Place treats white chocolate side up on prepared baking sheet. Allow chocolate to set at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Store treats at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Special Tools (affiliate links): 9×13-Inch Baking Pan | Large Saucepan (like a Dutch Oven) | Spatula | Baking Sheet | Silicone Baking Mat or Parchment Paper
- White Chocolate: If you don’t want to dip them into white chocolate, you could add 1 cup of white chocolate chips to the cereal before coating with the melted butter/marshmallow.
Keywords: lucky charms treats